Sunday, July 26, 2009

"look! i can stand a giraffe on my face,"

unedited. the sky was really that pink


Now, I'm positive all of you have heard of the passing of one of Malaysia's notable movie directors, Yasmin Ahmad. My friends and I were privileged to have met her just two months back.

Petronas commercials during national celebrations from the past few years bore her trademark. It is a sad thing that we are not able to see more of it, but I believe we do learn what we can from them.

Filial piety.
Interracial love.
Friendship.


Really, I wouldn't be surprised if her commercials were the inspiration to 1Malaysia.


Yasmin's last project was 15Malaysia (not 1msia), a collaboration with many Malaysian filmmakers. I'm not sure what it's about, but there's a Facebook page for it.


post title: Orked in Sepet

No comments: