Wednesday, March 26, 2008

apples

I'm sure you've heard of the new Amy Winehouse, Aimee Duffy, better known as Duffy. Her single (below) is a highly addictive 60s inspired song, very catchy and somewhat forgettable if not for her powerful vocals.

Be warned though that the sound quality is rather lousy.



The song we all know as Payung is so popular that bands have sung it during their concerts (Linkin Park, Sugababes) and unknown MySpace singers have achieved stardom by putting their own twist to the song (Marie Digby).

Now, a music video by the band Vanilla Sky (not the Tom Cruise movie-I've never really heard of them, have you?) performing Umbrella has surfaced.
You know the Zac Posen dresses Rihanna wore in the original music video? Check out what the singer wears in this video-a white slip.


By the way, do nudge me if TGV decides to screen 27 Dresses again. I think they put it on for like two days before pulling it off. I know, how can right?!

Oh, and Jodi Picoult is such a melodramatic, tragedy-infused writer. I'm halfway through Songs of the Humpback Whale and I find myself being sad after every read. I'm too devastated to go through the whole book, if not for the beautiful cover of an apple orchard and her wonderful descriptions of different types of apples. (No whales, haha)


But really, how can someone be filled with such creativity channel all of it to sadness and emotional losses? Okay, to each his own. Maybe I've been forced with too much chick-lits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - nice to see you mention Vanilla Sky - they are an Italian band. Excellent cover of Umba-rella.

Timothy Chen said...

The vanilla sky video is so gay... lol... the butt touching thingy never fails to crack me up.