Saturday, February 2, 2008

Deut 6:5


The monster in Cloverfield is a baby?!!
http://wayangtopia.com/category/cloverfield/

If you saw the damage that thing did to NYC in Cloverfield, you would be shocked as well. But you won't be shocked for long lah, cos the producer of Cloverfield is JJ Abrams of Lost.

The shaky camerawork, the dialogues are all very creative, so watch out if you feel like vomitting at the end of the movie. I just had a slight headache.
The monster is reminiscent of Godzilla though.

Overall, Cloverfield is the kind of movie guys would gush about. It has:
1. A few cute girls
2. A monster that tears up the whole city
3. Guns, firearms, the army
4. A thrilling storyline
5. An over-egoistic male character willing to do anything to save his girlfriend

Though I must say I do find myself gushing over Cloverfield too. The movie is not as long as your typical chick flicks (which almost always last more than one and a half hours)-only 95 minutes of fun, suspense, horror condensed into the camerawork worthy of an amateur.

At the end of the movie, you have to laugh, grin and chuckle at the audacity we humans are capable of-a baby monster lost in the city, and the best we can do is to aim to destroy it? What has the world come to? Whatever will happen to Barney's kids?

And the question we all have to ask: Is our toxic waste a ticking time bomb for the creation of a monster like the one in Cloverfield?

Rating: 7.5/10


You think you can tahan Sweeny Todd? Haha, I don't think so. I mean, it takes a lot of guts to watch the whole thing without closing your eyes, and even some parts of the whole thing is censored.

The blood in the movie is too crimson to be blood though, but I guess we should all be thankful for that.

How does Johnny Depp sound singing in the movie? Charming, charismatic and not the slightest bit annoying. The annoying thing about the singing has to be the weird lyrics and inappropriate timing, but hey, it's a musical. It's supposed to be weird and unappropriate.

Like the reviewer in The Star, both my mom and I agreed that Sweeny Todd is the grown Edward Scissorhands. I love Edward! Such a naive character of the eighties.

The movie is good. Not at all weary, there is no moment for one to be bored here, because everything happens back to back in a very saturated manner.

I still don't like the amount of unneccesary blood shed in this movie, though. It does not appeal to a CSI fan like me, and I don't think it brings about any positive change to this corrupted and polluted world we live in.
Rating: 7/10

Dee won tickets for the Switchfoot concert schelduled for tomorrow. Stupid...I'm working closing shift tomorrow! Gah. Not that I want to see Switchfoot lah (cos in reality I only know three of their songs) but it would be nice, otherwise she'd be going to KLCC alone.
Do you know what people will be saying after this?
Switch what? Incubus lah!

Or John Legend, according to your preference. Really! Both are coming to KL for Sunburst festival. Not Sundance. Sunburst.

No comments: