Sunday, December 2, 2007

mega mendung



There was this one time in our pre-teen lives I'm sure, my closest friends and I lived on the song Miss Independent by Kelly Clarkson. You know that song? Yah...that one.
We thought it was all about no-boyfriends stuff. Whatever.
I still think Kelly Clarkson is a great singer.
But at the end of Ms I, she got a guy.

Fast forward two years later...Miss Independent told her guy to Walkaway! All the preteen singletons rejoiced. Dang right they did, preteens are NOT supposed to couple up. Even teens for that matter. Don't tell me that crap that we need experience before going into the world.
You get your only one heart broken after every heartbreak, and you tell me it's to make you stronger? Who are you, Kanye West? Your heart will break so many times you will end up without a heart at the end of the day. I don't see the LURVE in that.

And even better. Kelly Clarkson came up with Never Again, the ultimate emoish break up song (to me lah) of 2007! I thought that would at LEAST KNOCK some sense into my friends' minds to control themselves from getting a bf/gf at their school year, but NOOO....Look who had to couple up during the SPM trials.

Say goodbye to your freedom! Say it! SAY IT!

There are SO MANY more fishes in the big blue sea. Don't trap yourself to just the fishes you see now.


Today's post was inspired by a quote I heard in church. Sue me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Ps Henry would sue you. He might even pat your back for doing a great job. A messenger, that's what you are. Hahah. A messenger = angel. =)

Anonymous said...

Oh ya, forgot to mention that Miss Independent is one of my favourite song. The ending's pretty nice actually because she did fell in love - finally. But nowhere was it mentioned that she falls in love, like, every 2 months or worse, every 2 weeks like the norm today. So in a way, it's justified I suppose. To me at least, or maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic like how I perceive Miss Independent to be.

aisha said...

lol thanks for the compliment.
And I share the same thoughts as you of the song~!
Sometimes it's just the hormones we have to blame.

Iona Tan said...

Hormones my ass. You're too neurotic about this issue lah sha, it's just a relationship. *rolls eyes*

aisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.