Saturday, December 15, 2007

Follow Him



"They think it's special. What's behind your back?"

It's a place where they sell pasta, chicken and mushroom gourmet pie, a coffee called vienna, club sandwich, roasted beef sandwich, salads, etc. There's also shakes and iced drinks, and for the kids, "Fluffy Koala" and "Squashed Frog". So far I've not tasted any caffeine beverages yet.

Anyway. I saw some stuff in Rock Corner that I'd like to spend my money on, but I know I've got to be wise and not splurge on the things which will not give benefits nor interests to me. It's still fun mentioning those things though.

First of course is Justin Timberlake's deluxe edition of Futuresex/Lovesounds, available at RM 49.90.

However I am now having second thoughts after I read the reviews on Amazon.com where it only got a measly 2 out of 5 stars. Maybe the next item?

Then we have the absolutely worth-it-at-such-a-price Coldplay CD box set at RM 83.90. (It's called a gift box-just checked with amazon.com)

This box set contains Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head along with a bonus concert DVD. It contains two music CDs and a DVD. Come on, let me hear you say it, "Bargain!".
I'd like to see the concert DVD 'cos apparently, Coldplay are known for being great live performers. I mean, their Singapore concert was sold out lah, and do you know how many citizens are there in Singapore?

http://zlwin.blogspot.com/2007/12/go-and-die.html
Sometimes, after a few days, I have to imagine all of my belongings perishing and destroying in a fire. It's not sadistic.
I mean, all that we have now will dissapear sooner or later, and I don't want to be the emotionally challenged one when something is gone from my grasp. I don't want to bawl my lungs out and cry till my tear ducts are dry when some object is missing. I will never want to be the person who's so attached to a material that my life depends on it, you know what I mean?
It's like, if my life depends on that one thing so much and I know that it'll never get me anywhere, why bother having it in the first place, you know?

Anyway. Imagining all the things that I have gone forever-I have to pray I can stand that. I mean, can YOU stand it? Everything gone just like that?

Everything's not lost when your stuff is gone. I know for a fact I have somewhere and someone else I can go to no matter what the circumstances may be.

Luke 9:23-25
The Jesus said to all the people:
If any of you want to be my followers, you must forget about yourself.
You must take up your cross each day and follow me.
If you want to save your life, you will destroy it.
But if you give up your life for me, you will save it.
What will you gain if you own the whole world but destroy or waste your life?


Here's emo looking perky!


300+

The two pictures are taken from Zlwin's photo blog.
For more GY camp pictures (MORE), click:
http://zlwinchew.blogspot.com/2007/12/blog-post.html

No comments: