Wednesday, January 5, 2011

singapore in a flash



I thank God for the short but sweet holiday to Singapore! It was enjoyable, expensive and exiting. Some things I found out:


1. THERE ARE NO WATER PIPES IN SG PUBLIC TOILETS. Water is scarce there. Bring your own bottle.
2. The food court food is just alright. In fact, the food is just alright! Expensive, but mediocre. Average at its best.
3. People go to Singapore for the century eggs.
4. You won't see any ladies in Geylang. Only the men roam the streets.
5. Singaporeans love their jasmine and green tea!
6. I've seen more Bentleys and Lancers in two days there than my whole life in M'sia.
7. Singapore is not as clean as it's made up to be.
8. I saw an empty packet of Wrigley's on Sentosa Island! GASP!


On the first day, we went to Universal. Not really. We went for the Luge ride and a Skyride at Sentosa. I won't bore you with the details, but the Skyride was scary.

So popular hor? It's prettier at night!




Candylicious, the candy store at Universal, is the candy shop everyone with a sweet tooth would love!






Mum and I sneaked away from the group to take the Sentosa Express off the island to Vivo City. We had lunch at Subway. Mmmm. The Nat Geo shop in Vivo is worth a visit! Five yellow boxes of differing sizes for $5.

Went back, and Bugis was up next! It was raining heavily, so we waited the rain out at Iluma. An art exhibition was going on. There was no one manning the station. It had marker pens, papers and paper plates. And juice boxes and sweets too! My kind of art exhibition, this is!



We went to Ion @ Orchard that night via the MRT. RUBI!!!! It was crazy there. Okay, it wasn't as cheap as I expected, but way cheaper than Malaysia :) We bought the colors of the rainbows flats here.





The next day, we went to Sands. That place is very very pretty.



Ang moh portion lunch at Kraze Burger. YUMS.




A short weekend trip, but I think we saw what we wanted to see and shopped what we wanted to as well :) Except the Esplanade! Yeah....



*Certain pictures edited with Poladroid

1 comment:

petite said...

Luge ride is fun right?
my aunt called it the jackie chan ride. LOL