Saturday, September 4, 2010

to build & to protect

(source-kimicon)



This Saturday evening was pretty much spent worrying about the future. It's always like this! When I feel like there's too much to handle in so small a time frame, I worry anxiously like a chicken. Fleeting thoughts of the future entered and exited my mind as I sat to watch Batteries Not Included (a very old Spielberg flick), eat dinner and washed the dishes afterwards.

Don't you just hate it when anxiety takes over and you can't concentrate fully on what you're doing?

Thankfully there is always the Word of God for me to go to! I don't know how I would survive without it. That, and prayer.

So I thought of opening to Psalm 121 (the where-does-my-help-come-from psalm), but my eyes caught on Psalm 127 verses 1 and 2, which aptly describes what God is trying to tell me:

"Unless the Lord builds a house,
the work of the builders is wasted.
Unless the Lord protects a city,
guarding it with sentries will do no good.

It is useless for you to work so hard
from early morning until late at night,
anxiously working for food to eat;
for God gives rest to his loved ones."


Amen!

No comments: