Wednesday, May 5, 2010

i am not my own

Today I had a really fun but sweaty lunch with a few collegemates (Chia Yee, Pekky, Joo Li, Siew Mei, Jue Lyn & Chee Hong) in Sheperdoo in Centro for an assignment. Oh, this semester, we get to write about SHOPPING MALLS. :D The girls already went to The Curve for one assignment.

MKT 432 Multinational Marketing
MKT 433 Strategic Marketing Planning
MKT 222 Principles of Retailing
BUS 206 Business Law
MPW 2133 Malaysian Studies



I can't blog about the things on my mind, but the word of God seems to capture my feelings perfectly well, so here it is, in The Message or as Joyce puts it, the version with the attitude.


1. Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
phil 4:6-7


2. Or didn't you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit? Don't you see that you can't live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body.
1 cor 16:19,20



3. So radical and important, we measure time by His life.
Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me."
John 14:6


(super big font ahead!)
4. "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Matt 11:28-30

No comments: