Monday, May 3, 2010

anger

Jesus went straight to the Temple and threw out everyone who had set up shop, buying and selling. He kicked over the tables of loan sharks and the stalls of dove merchants. He quoted this text:

My house was designated a house of prayer;
You have made it a hangout for thieves.
Now there was room for the blind and crippled to get in. They came to Jesus and he healed them.

Matthew 21:12-14


While doing chores today, a list of things came up my mind. The list was "Reasons I should be angry, disappointed, sad and childish". There wasn't much on the list, maybe about 3 or 5 items. But if I dwelled on each of them individually, man, that anger can supply power to a by-election campaign! Just saying.

The next list that came up was "Reasons I should not be angry, disappointed, sad and childish" Only 2 things appeared this time.

1. Jesus' one outburst of anger in the temple in Matt 21:12-14, as I would call it, holy anger.

2. Ephesians 4:26 "And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry"

No comments: