Sunday, April 25, 2010

nobody grows in easy times


img from aternativeworld.blogspot.com
POD's Dancing with angels and serpents




"If joy really comes in the morning time
then I'm gonna sit back and wait till the next sunrise."




The world...the people...can influence you to behave like it.

I just read an article that said US teens are showing symptoms of addiction to social media networks. This issue shows how much different the life in the times of Vanity Fair was (I've been reading it in the college library) and life as it is now. Back in the 1800s, there's practically NOTHING to do. People kept themselves busy with beautiful activities - sewing, painting, reading books, courting, playing the harpsichord (LOL), baking, having a pet dog, walking in huge mansions, etc. And the things they do to keep themselves occupied at night (no clubs back then, remember?) - simply wunnerful! Going to the opera, a drama, a horse ride carriage to the city for a candlelight dinner.


from a tumblr site
comment if you know what they're doing



Life these days? Facebook-Youtube-Download site-American Idol. Or, College-Clubbing-Semester break retreat-etc.
Is it really worth it? Are we expanding our intelligence as per the days of yesteryear? Hmmm. Hey, we gotta think bout this, man! Is this generation gonna produce another Shakespeare? Or will we keep churning out Stephanie Meyers?
Are we going to subdue ourselves with innocent, straightforward questions that we can answer for ourselves, or are we going to dig deep for the questions only He can answer? Like: what are you here for?


Anyway, now, I just like, wow. The future looks great. But if I set my sights on attaining the future and the future alone, I'm in trouble. Because what then would be of my present? The right way, I believe, is to live one day at a time. Daily grace, sufficient to meet all your needs.


"Lord, please bring Sam to a church that will send her out to the world. Amen!"


I am only listening to POD nowadays...nothing quiet. Loud sounds drown stuff away :D
I'm not perfect.

5 comments:

Marcus T. said...

them rocking the single ladies moves ^^ awesome-o

bloody awful poetry said...

True. Sometimes I wonder if I'd be bored senseless in the 1800's and then I think about all the things I could have accomplished by this stage in my life if I did not reside in the 21st century. I could have written a novel. And taught myself how to play a new musical instrument every year. And I could have mastered the Single Ladies' dance, which is what dear Batman and Robin are doing. How adorable =D

aisha said...

Yay! Marcus got it right!

BAP, my sentiments exactly! You've said pretty much whatever I wanted to say. Esp. the Single Ladies dance.

Jonathan said...

SINGLE LADIESSSS!!

Timothy Chen said...

Sigh, I always knew Batman and Robin were gay.