Thursday, March 11, 2010

grocery shopping

Shopping is a fun activity. Especially grocery shopping. No irritating sales lady breathing down your neck, no one jostling for the same pair of shoes, no need to look fabulous all the time and most importantly, NOTHING DESIGNER TO BUY! Everything so cheeaap!

Grocery shopping is something I like to do. There's a variety of household items to browse through, and so many new items to try out.

The other day I was shopping at Giant. I like shopping at Giant. The stuff there is cheaper than other places, especially if you wanna buy Malaysian goods. I mean, Jusco is bright and shiny and all, but they mark up the prices so much just cos it's from Japan! The only reason I like Jusco is for their specialty Japanese goods section (yes, they have one. In every branch!) where you can find lotsa strange Japanese foodstuff. Like Pocari Sweat.



genfab.com/google images



One thing I don't like about shopping at Giant is the mannequins they place in the clothing area. SERIOUSLY. I don't know how many times I've seen it, but I still get the creeps when I see it. You should check them out at the Klang Parade branch.

I wanted to take a picture of a badly positioned mannequin, but I was alone and it was early in the morning. No one was around. *shiver* The mannequins basically are/have:

1. Badly dressed
2. Freaky smiley facial expressions
3. Facial structure that doesn't look like those in retail outlets
4. Have wigs that fall off easily
5. Positioned in corners so that when you come up to one unexpectedly you get a cardiac arrest
6. PLACED IN DARK AREAS AWAY FROM SPOTLIGHTS.

It's a horror movie ready to happen. I'm surprised no one's complained about it yet. Those mannequins have no function but to scare away customers.


lowyatforum/google images



Shopping in Giant is better than shopping in Jusco because of the music selection. Giant is using Red FM's airwaves, but no commercials and all. And you know how good the Red FM music taste is. The *only* radio station that (still) plays Michael Jackson, Earth, Wind and Fire and Hanson's Doo Wop (Dr. House's ringtone).

When I was working in Jusco though, the selection was on a loop of Meet Me Halfway, Hey Soul Sister, Evacuate the Dance Floor, Papparazzi and all mainstream current English songs. It gets boring after a while.



Oh! Another reason I like shopping in Giant is the selection of goods they have. Since Giant belongs to the group that owns Cold Storage and Guardian, there are goods sold there that are brought to Giant, too. AT GIANT PRICES! HELLO!

Like this Cadbury chocolate bar in a flavor we never got before-Rocky Road (cherry flavored jellies, coconut flakes, peanuts). YUMS! The last time I saw this in Cold Storage, it was RM 24.90. WAAAH SO MAHAL FOR A BAR OF CHOCOLATE SIAO MEH



I got one bar from Giant this week for only RM 12.99 :D
(Yup, I'm more adult than teenager)

Now I'm waiting till they bring in the Mint flavored chocolate, and the very strange but delicious sounding Desserts selection (which has Lemon Cheesecake, Berry Panacotta, Creme Brulee, Fudge Brownie, Banoffee Pie [Banana+Toffee], Tiramisu) YUMS X 2 :D


grabyourfork.blogspot/google images


Tesco, I don't go so much. But there are lots of unique items there like Weight Watchers desserts and animal-shaped pasta. Even SpongeBob and Spiderman pasta. Not kidding.

2 comments:

Timothy Chen said...

Haha I agree that mannequins can be scary at times.

Not really a chocolate person but somehow the way you wrote it is making me salivating already. Must be because of the different font colors you used for the different flavors. Lol

JQLeeJQ said...

hahaha, cute!