Tuesday, March 23, 2010

at cilantro

The other day in February (doesn't that sound poetic? I like how February is spelt), Jian Quin invited me to take Gabby's place to go try out Cilantro Cooking Academy's fine dining program, which one of our friends was on supervisory shift.

Sadly, it did not live up to my expectations. So I will only blog about the good stuff there, and look forward to Taylor's fine dining in one of their "T" restaurants in the Lakeside campus. Ooh!

Photobucket

This was the appetizer. The purplish maroon thing in the foreground is pomengranate. Very nice to eat. The lump of meat in the middle is chicken (or was it duck?) in balsamic vinaigratte. Super sour, super yum with the meat!


Soup was tomato.

Photobucket

The main course. I like the...uh...uhm.. :x I didn't know US scallops had the consistency of mushy fishcake! :x


Photobucket

JQ's main. Hers was almost the same as mine, but she had a big prawn on top of lots of garlic-infused couscous. I liked this one better.

Photobucket

Part of my 3part dessert. So cute!

Photobucket

The tart-ish pie on the left is blueberry tart pie with chocolate base. So delicious, not too sweet, but too bad it's just a tiny slither of that :(



Photobucket

As much as I enjoyed eating there, I don't think I'll ever go back there again. Unless some things improve. To Taylor's Lakeside fine dining!

1 comment:

JQLeeJQ said...

yeah gurl. I'll bring to lakeside one day.