Monday, November 9, 2009

the time traveler's wife

There is still hope for models who are not size zeroes! Victoria's Secret annual fashion show!



The ad popped up from Yahoo.com, and I just realised that while the fashion industry is falling over itself for wire hanger thin models ala Kate Moss and Agyness Deyn, there will always be an opening for full figured models in certain niches.

(To be honest, I am very bored, to the point of being sick, of looking at stick thin models who look like they're fasting for various socio-political movements. Fasting for world peace now, are we?)

Besides that, VS' annual fashion show is always an extravaganza to look forward to. The elaborate costumes, the glitter of the runway, and of course, the musical performances tailored to suit the show.


hehehe





I'm currently reading The Time Traveler's Wife, courtesy of one of Bawanie's friend who loaned it to her. Normally I would avoid that book wherever I see it in bookstores, but I am curious to read it after watching the movie.

It is one of the more memorable chick fluff books I have read in a while. (It seems as if the books that I borrow tend to be more likeable than the books that I buy. Could it be the mutual feeling of reading the same book which has already been read by someone else? Maybe.) It's pretty easy to read so I think I'll be done with it tonight.

The book is quite nice to read, with a lovely setting and suitable pace. It's not as complicated as the movie.



I've seen the movie with my cell mates last Friday night, against the advice of the movie critic who said that the movie is crap.





It wasn't that bad. The novel itself is considerably long, and the movie does as much justice as it possibly could to the book. And it is definately more entertaining than the horribly mediocre chick flicks with predictable plots I've seen over the year. *coughtheproposalcough*

Eric Bana looks like Gerard Butler. The author's first choice to play Henry was Adrien Brody. And Spielberg was supposed to direct this movie! Oh what a movie that would have been.


1 comment:

bloody awful poetry said...

Y'know that's funny, cause when I read the book my Henry was a bit Adrian Brody-esque too. He would have made it way less of a conventional romantic movie la. But I will not say No to Eric Bana and his Pretty. Never.

The novel Claire annoyed my butt off though. She was so..I don't remeber what she did exactly but I remember I could not STAND the woman.