Tuesday, April 21, 2009

cultured indulgence

"Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are."
Houssaye


I was going through Sam's blog and she highlighted and bolded the quote above.
Hmm. Kinda makes sense, no? You are who you love.

But the news about the recent LAN (Local Area Network) party in Cyberjaya held to break the Guiness World Record made me think, we are also WHAT we love. 40 hours straight on DOTA is no mean feat. You got to love the game to play it for nearly two days with minimal breaks. I mean, 40 hours of gaming like SRSLY?!

*


EUTHANASIA
OGH-THANASIA
UGH-THANASIA
EEW-THANASIA
Hahaha I like eew-thanasia.

*


The one thing I'm afraid of is our cultured indulgence.
As small and trivial as materials seem to us, we still want to fulfill our desires. Our little guilty pleasures, the indulgences that we create.

There is something about the value of materials that we love to look past every time we see something we desire-that it is worth at nothing. Materials do not bring much value in the long run. Materials do not have a purpose in our lives. I wanna throw out my stuff.

"The most valuable things in life aren't things"


That's why Good Friday has nothing to do with easter bunnies and chocolate eggs, no matter what Godiva tries to sell you.

It has to do with the love that God demonstrated to us through the crucifixion and ressurection of Jesus. The work on the cross.

Oh yeah...Jesus didn't come for the sinless and the perfect. He came for sinners and the imperfect. =)

*


Inexplainable feeling of emptiness shrouds my feelings somedays that has little or no effect to behavior and attitude.
Perhaps something had gone wrong somewhere?

*

listening to: broken strings, james m & nelly f

1 comment:

caffe_latte said...

I really agree about the part about material things. It doesn't brings you permanent happiness, just that thrill the moment you get it. But yet I'm still a sucker for them, though I'm trying to be less of one.
But only things like love, knowledge, and realisation could bring you happiness of any permanence. It took me a while to realise that.