Monday, March 9, 2009

Roland Piano Festival





cher on stage


After a particularly memorable rendition of Watermelon Man by a young chap, it was Cherylyn's turn to take the stage.

She sat in a comfortable posture on the black plushy chair, making sure that she was in a right position to give her best performance ever. The beat started and she began her song.

Gliding across the notes effortlessly, she seemed to complete the grand piano, and the piano was like an instrumental extension of her. The song flowed out of the the piano's chamber to the audience in the hall, who were seemingly entranced by Cherylyn's rendition of What's Love Got To Do With It by Tina Turner.

As she ended her performance with a confident flourish, I felt so proud that she gave an excellent performance-many times more dramatic than an acapella version. There was competition, definitely, but Cherylyn had an advantage-it was a recognisable song and she managed to bring it to life from the 80s.

She won first place. :D I'm so proud and happy. Congrats Cher!
Those who went were Iona, Brendan, Yin Xian, Shirlyn, Chiong Jee and E-Foong.


To all the musicians out there, you are a certified:


Guy's shirt from FOS. It was too cute, I had to try it on.


2 comments:

Cherylyn said...

Thanks for you description of my performance and complements. I couldn't thank enough for the support and the experience I'm getting. Good day~!

Timothy Chen said...

A playa. Haha. Sounds so wrong. I remember you telling me that you play the piano too right?