Thursday, February 26, 2009

God bless the Malaysian politicians

The term "drama queen" was possibly coined for Malaysian politicians. I'm sorry, but after so many days of watching nonsensical action on the tube and through the papers, I cannot keep my mouth shut anymore.

And apparently, Mr. Zubedy (the company that puts meaningful ads every national celebration day in major newspapers) also could not tahan the politiking anymore and voiced out his opinion on page N37 of The Star today (26th Feb 2009), which, I'm sure, mirrors the sentiments of the people of Malaysia today.
See
here for the letter.

He ends with "focus on the people. Focus on the economy". Well-written, sir, very well-written.

And to think, on the day that it is published, a telenovela erupted in front of the Parliament. EEEEESSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH these people have to learn some anger management. Or time management. Like hello, American Idol is on every Thursday night, that's our daily drama intake.

I mean, I know Karpal Singh is being threatened with the mailing of the threats and the live bullets and the issue from the "celaka" bn youth, but his supporters should really take a leaf out of anger management books.

Let justice run its course.
The Parliament speaker has already assured them that Karpals' safety will not be compromised (a very wise and fair move by the way).
So, what was the fuss?
Why create drama and WASTE valuable time and resources?

If your enemy angers you, don't fight back.
"If he asks you to walk one mile, walk with him two miles"
Treat him well. Treat him with respect. Go read Sun Tzu's The Art of War, for goodness' sake!

Sheesh! Even I'm a teenager and I know how to treat those who don't like me! Why can't these seasoned and matured politicians do the same?!

Buck up!
And God bless you!

1 comment:

Cherylyn said...

good read for me here.
I was actually grinning when I saw the articcle cum ad after school.
it was actually funny for me.No, I'm not laughing about the situation that normal people are facing now. I'm grinnnig because our Malaysian politicians still don't seem to have the brains to get it when such an opinion is publicly voiced out and I don't think they ever will looking at the situation right now.