Monday, January 5, 2009

run the race

Mum said tonight's prayer meeting would have Prophet Victor Kusi speaking.
While eating the bak kut teh dinner, I really didn't want to go. I hadn't bathe, and I wanted to finish up some stuff at home.

Lots of people were there, she said. Lots of youth too. There was a struggle within me: to go or not to go? Ah, it's Monday night! I shouldn't go if I don't want to. But was it the Holy Spirit nudging me to go?

Then, as my father was preparing to go out, I decided to go ahead.

Goodness! The church was super crowded. You'd think there was a concert going on.

It was nice not only to be there, but to be praying for fruitfulness in the midst of affliction. Opening every closed door. Getting rid of barenness in our lives by prayer.

After that, Pastor V related to us the prophecies that God showed to Him. It's been so long since I last felt that AWESOMENESS that is God-how specific He can be. The African pastor called out certain church members by name-telling them what God had told him about them.

I tell you, God yesterday is the same as the God today. All the prophecies and promises revealed at the prayer meeting just showed me how merciful and gracious God can be to His people.


The prophet Victor will be preaching again this Sunday at the main service.

No comments: