Saturday, January 10, 2009

birthday wishes

James has just nominated you as the nicest person on Facebook. Pls accept the nomination and don't dissapoint me...:(

Waaah lau brader. Are you saying I'm not nice in real life? You wan fight fight ar?! I VELI nice wan ok?!

This is a problem with us ALL (and that includes me) nowadays. You want to tell people how much you appreciate them or how hard they rock, you don't say to them "I LOVE YOU YOU ROCK KTHXBYE" you do it through some game/poll/contest in Facebook, eventhough that person is sitting next to you. *sigh*

We dedicate a blog post to them on their birthday, with a pretty picture of them, and tell the world how much you love them. BUT WE DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO GIVE A CARD OR A HUG ON THAT DAY.

Please lor, that is very-the-sad la. Unless that person is living far far away or (insert some reason), then wishing happy birthday online pretty much degrades the value and the emotions involved in it to mere pixels. IN MY OPINION.

In my opinion, if you can do it, go up to the person and wish him or her happy birthday, and sing his or her favourite song. There is always the human touch that we doubtlessly appreciate in every gesture. It makes us feel CONNECTED to someone, somehow, not just physical but also emotional. All together now, Awwww....


BUT BUT BUT be content in every situation. =) I need to learn to be content.


Godliness with contentment is great gain.
-1 Timothy 6:6

2 comments:

Timothy Chen said...

Aiyo, people nominate you as the nicest person, you marah orang pulak. Haha, so mean!

Hey since I'm studying in Inti Nilai now, you can come find me on my birthday and wish me happy birthday lor. Haha. You can even sing me a coldplay song too if you want. Doesn't matter if you've never met me before, I have a feeling that we will pretty much hit it off when we meet. Haha

aisha said...

AHAHA nono that's my opinion.

You're in Nilai, seriously?! Studying what? My best friends' at Uni Islam Antarabangsa there, lol.

Sing on your birthday...see first lah. I very shy wan. xD seriously.