Tuesday, November 11, 2008

roach

The roach is dead! =D

(RIP little pest)

There was a big fat huge-moungous cockroach running his little butt around the piano a while ago.

Normally I would've left it be (cos I'm terrified of BUGS) but this is WAR! No one disturbs Aisha when she's blog surfing! >=(

Anyway, before I go on, just the other day I was reading
Petrina's blog on how she killed the cockroach scampering around her house. Among the items she used was *drumroll* nail polish. TA-DAH! Bet you never thought about that.

Well, here in my home (LOL) we prefer to drown the roaches in really hot water instead of polluting the air with insecticide (that's scientific talk for Ridsect-which reminds me of the tepuk they used to have in PBSM-Tepuk Nyamuk: "Nyaaaaaa-MUK! *clap* *sings* Ridsect Goodnight tak diganggu nyamuk!")

but I guess really toxic stuff like nail polish would do fabulously well.


(image from http://www.pohwah.com)
[If the roach is near foodstuff ie the kitchen, on the dining table, you shouldn't use Ridsect or any other insecticide. It'll contaminate the food, but I bet you knew that ;) Your alternative is hot water. Or nail polish. Or super strong NaCl. Maybe HCl. Aiyah I don't know lah, Chemistry has left the building]



So girls (and the occasional guy), keep this tip in mind. Nail polish/varnish/remover solution can be a murder weapon to pests, not just that stiletto you own.

(Next time anyone decides to kill a roach with that let me know! I wanna know how it turns out.)

3 comments:

Timothy Chen said...

Wah, hot water? Aisha so bad. You're letting 'xiu keong' die a really long and painful death.

aisha said...

Apa tu 'xiu keong'? xD

Eh, if I spray Mr. xiu keong with ridsect it will still die a long and painful death right? hahaha. So how should i kill it fast and unpainfully?

Timothy Chen said...

Ridsect kills immediately la... Never watch the advertisement ah? Haha