Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Marley & Me



My sister had this book with her for quite a while already. The day before my finals, I borrowed it to read it. Marley and Me soon became one of my favourite books.

Marley and Me is basically about a couple who were deeply in love, they got married and decided to get a dog. A puppy dog they christened Marley, this Labrador Retriever is one heckuva firecracker that added spice to their life and saw the couple go through many experiences together.

I read this book in three days. It is simple in its language, easy to understand yet each page seems to be very meaningful and thoughful. The editing is great! =D

When I reached the last page, I felt sad-not because it had a sucky ending, not because I didn't understand some things-but because there weren't anymore pages to read. Silly, I know, but when you read it, you'll feel the same way too.



So you can guess I was ecstatic when my sister called me out of the room today when E! News had a short snippet of the SCREEN ADAPTATION for Marley & Me.


Owen Wilson will play John, and Jenny will be played by Jennifer Aniston. Oh, it is nice to see Rachel get a job out of Friends. LOL. They are the picture that I had in my mind for John and Jenny-perfect to the t.

Can't wait for it to hit our shores!

No comments: