Monday, June 23, 2008

Coldplay's Strawberry Swing

Wasn't supposed to listen to anything online before she hears it from the CD but...

Couldn't help it! Too tempting! I mean, if a something were called Strawberry Swing, obviously she would be curious to know more, or listen to it.



I remember
We were walking up to strawberry swing
I can't wait until the morning
Wouldn't wanna change a thing

People moving all the time
Inside a perfectly straight line
Don't you wanna curve away?
When it's such...
It's such a perfect day
It's such a perfect day


The beginning riffs revebrated Incubus' Dig, the extremely emotional and quite self-destructive song (to me at least, but I still like the song).

The lyrics itself are one-dimensional. But with the repitition of "perfect day", that just conjures up tonnes of images in one's mind.

I could describe Strawberry Swing in a 500-word article but these two words sum it all up: Breezy and beautiful.

(Which makes me wonder if Chris Martin was inspired by his wife's (Gwyneth Paltrow) ads for Estee Lauder's Pure White Linen)



The strings at the end is an apt touch-a nice closing to a great, slightly upbeat yet relaxing song.


Strawberry Swing
Coldplay accused of copying Joe Satriani (who? yeah.)

Non-Coldplay fans must be SO bored.

1 comment:

Timothy Chen said...

I was only away for 2 weeks and you have updated ur blog with so many new posts!

Haha... That riff for Joe Satriani's song sounds like a guitar solo for Viva La Vida. Just imagine Viva La Vida with a kick ass guitar solo, that would be so cool =)