Wednesday, May 28, 2008

V

Awoke by 7.39 AM.

Around 1 PM, Na, her dad and I encountered a mob of serious-looking people on the way to her house. Apparently someone passed away in one of those houses.

There wasn't any dinner tonight, so I had to make do with bread and junk food.

Anyway, after dinner, Jan Quin rang and Zlwin answered. Haha, thank God he did, or else I would've completely forgotten about the prayer meeting! Yeap. So it wasn't exactly a prayer meeting, it was a meeting for...

PROJECT HOMECALL

Which will be held on the last week of June (29th June). It's going to be fun. Games and stuff and I can't even tell much here.

Although I think it'd sound much more catchier if it were PROJECT HOMECOMING but who would be coming home? *light bulb lights*

I know. Jesus.

On another note, one of my parent's friend's college going son was reported to have passed away around an hour ago, God bless his soul. It's hard to imagine how everything can move when someone dies-especially if that someone is a college-going dude who has Facebook, Friendster and Hotmail accounts all going on to help him juggle his social life. I may not know him, but I know that his absence will be felt by those in his life.

Which leads me to my next topic, of taking things for granted (here we go again).

If someone you know passes away, it's 100% sure you'll be posting testimonials on his online social profile about what a great guy he was. Wouldn't it be better, though, if you told that guy when he was alive?

Are we ashamed of revealing our admiration for people who have made changes in our lives? Yes, we are.

Are we ashamed of telling our parents "I love you" every day? Yes, we are.

Are we afraid of losing our face by being humble and loving to everyone everyday? Yes, we are.

Are you going to change that mindset?


I want to be like Paul who can say

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.-Phil 1:21

Because that would truly mean that I've lived my life as how God would have planned it for me.

We're not in this life for fun. We're not mistakes, we're not monsters and we're not mash-ups of our parents. God gave you a life before you were formed in your mother's womb, and He gave it to you for a reason.

What are you going to do with your life? I've deicded what I want to do with mine-in whatever that I do, "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead." Phil 3:10-11

To me, Christianity is not a religion. It's a lifestyle.

Of course it'll be hard! Even the Bible says Christians will be persecuted. But with his grace and love, believe me, anything can be done. I wasn't having great times recently, and it was totally dark.

Like in the valley, where the sun casts a shadow overhead. However, as we all know, valleys are formed by mountains, and like some people choose to say, life is a roller coaster. So sometime's you're up, sometimes you're down. It's up to you whether you want to stay on the ride or not.

And it is also up to you if you want to view it as "I'm going up from the valley" or "I'm going down from the mountain top."


Sincerely.

No comments: