Thursday, May 1, 2008

it takes two to...


(source:wikipedia)

There was an interesting article in The Star about parkour, the art of navigating through obstacles in the city, etc. (Parkour was also used in an episode of CSI:New York. I like that ep.)

It is seriously interesting, and given the chance I'd jump at the opportunity to do something like that.

I mean, can you imagine all the traffic jams you get to avoid?

However.

It will be great to just run away from all the distractions and challenging things in life though. Just as a form of saying "I cannot stand this anymore." with sensibility, rationality and then bursting into physical unstability through the concrete jungle, all the while avoiding civilans, etc.

"Their bodies were splendid, flexible, nimble, skillful, enduring, resistant and yet they had no other tutor in gymnastics but their lives in nature."
-Georges Hebert on the indigenous tribes in Africa.


The thing that stands out in the article was the principle of parkour that can be applied to life. The obstacles in front are challenges that will make you stronger (yes yes I know you've heard it a million times in Moral class).


"How are you?"
I was great until a few hours ago. Now I feel like itching my heart out. Well, not literally, but figuratively. Some things have shorter time, and others have too long a time which they don't deserve.

"What are you thinking now?"
Is Salvador Dali a chain of sandwhich deli? Can I ever see something that is worthwhile AARRGGGHH i want to pull my hair out in frustration. And no it's not the college for goodness sake it's not even a week yet how can I be sick of it.

"Can you say something smart now?"
Do not think that rich people are lazy, and do not think that they are tactful. They can be rich all they want, but there is the occasional one who thinks Starbucks has the best coffees, and decide to tell me that "Dome coffee ah, no good one. You want good coffee, go Starbucks".

Starbucks? Are you kidding me? Come on man. Wake up and smell the coffee beans! Then tell me if Dome's coffee is worse than Starbucks.

Why else would we have so many Starbucks regulars admitting to us that Dome's coffee is better than Starbucks, but they just go there for the Wifi? I bet they even go there to look cool. Come on, who doesn't, right? Once you're seen in Starbucks, you have that rep of being able to afford "taste". (I'm not saying you do what you do 'cos you have to do it, 'cos I go to Starbucks for their blended stuff too.)

I like the sweetness, but the Caramel Macchiatothat they had? Who are we kidding, that 'caramel' tasted exactly like sugar syrup. I'm sorry, maybe my tastebuds are sick. Honestly speaking I still like their blended stuff (and no I will not refer to their real names. no mood lah ish) but COME ON! The thing that they gave me was totally sugar syrup. Sugar syrup sugar syrup sugar syrup sugar syrup. Colored sugar syrup.

Ah, but our Flat White-a dose of freshly made espresso essence with a specific amount of frothed, hot and pearly milk-now that's a keeper. Usually taken with a helping of raw sugar, this java will drip over your lips, have a small victory dance on your toungue and slide down your throat beautifully, leaving a delicious, sweet aftertaste that only Dome coffee can give. Go ahead, throw the tomatoes.

"The thing that gets at you most while working at Dome?"
Customers who come in and ask if we have what Starbucks have. HELLO, read the signage in front lah, this is Dome. We have pies, pastas, etc and extremely fine coffees, but we don't call our baristas BEAR-istas.

But to each his own
-----------------------------------------------

No comments: