Tuesday, December 11, 2007

deny yourself

Heard at Grace Youth camp 2007:

"When you drink alcohol, you cannot stand properly, you cannot walk properly, you cannot talk properly. Do you think you can have sex properly?"-Ps. Henry

So many things to talk about the camp. Well, the weather up at Tanah Rata, Cameron Highlands was FREAKING cold but lovely at the same time. There's no need for air-cons nor fans and the walls are cold everytime, just like the water.

I thought I had appendititis (that appendix thing) on the last night of camp. I jumped a lot and screamed even more after eating my dinner which was a bad idea, maybe. It was so terrifyingly painful, like punches or a screw turning around in my intestines. Lasted for about one hour during the service. I couldn't even laugh to Pastor Henry's jokes (un-tung-ke-tak-un-tung) without gasping from the pain. Sitting straight, hunched or normally was also bad for my intestines. Goodness it was horrible. Thank God for Cynthia next to me.

The whole time during the sermon I was thinking of the possibilities that could happen: I've been diagnosed with that appendix disease and will have to undergo an operation to take it out. Then I thought about the anaesthesia and the scars after the operation at some random surgery in Cameron.

Then Pastor Henry said "God is always with you. And He will never leave you, even in your worst moments,". I thought, "Does this qualify as a bad moment?"
It still hurt at the end of Pastor's sermon and hurt even when I stood up. However, something happened in that few minutes when Pastor Henry lead us all into a time of prayer for the touch of the Holy Spirit. The pain did not immediately dissapear, though I did not give up asking God to take it away.
I felt something working in my body, and when Pastor Henry prayed for me, I fell. True enough, God is merciful and loving and took the pain away from me when I asked.

Like any other last night at any camp, that last night changed lots of our lives.


Here's the news for the first day.
"Anyway, wouldn't it be weird if guys had implants and everybody just watch it and...touch it? Eeeeww!"

I was laughing the whole time I watched this.
Mmmmm......donuts.

Here's the second day news:

Ohmygoodness the exercise programme for 'fatsos' is heeelaarriiiooouuuhhhssss!!!

No comments: