Wednesday, December 26, 2007

after enchanted, everyone burst into "i've been dreaming of a true love's kiss"

I have to be the last person on this immediate blogshpere to watch Enchanted and the first to be looking forward to the combination of Capt. Jack Sparrow, Prof. Snape, Corpse Bride, Peter Pettigrew and Borat in a new movie. Eight words: Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
Enchanted
The beginning was too fast for me-it was all woosh woosh wooosh sing song woosh wooosh wooosh get married but yeah, I guess it's supposed to be woooosh woooosh wooosh judging by how Giselle and Edward got married.

Giselle: Oh, it's you.
Prince Edward: Yes, it's me. And you are?
Giselle: Giselle.
Prince Edward: Oh, Giselle! We shall be married in the morning!

The storyline is good and predictable, very enjoyable due to the potrayal of the actors, especially Amy Adams-hahahaha she's so perky and sing-song all the time it's just so LOL.

I do think some parts were very laggy though-like the King and Queen's Ball. Some parts were too short, like the animation part at the beginning. I wonder who was Giselle wearing at the ball.
My favourite scene is the musical in the park-oh man it looked like a scene from a Bollywood movie, no?
Here'a a picture of the scene from http://www.flickr.com/photos/tammimarie/ :


The whole movie had a lot of references to Disney movies-Snow White, Sound of Music, etc.
The costumes are lovely. Too bad the aunty sitting behind us had to point it out loudly everytime Giselle wears a new dress. You know, for the benefit of those who don't have the sense of appreciation to realize that these dresses:

are pretty. Uh-HUH. I turned around a few times to "SSSssshh!" the ongoing conversations and to ask the lady behind me if she'd kindly stop kicking the back of my chair.

8/10

By the way I had a career counselling session with my parent's friends the other day and found out that this certain dentist makes 300k per month judging by her schedule. Also, if you take risk management in UK or Australia and get hired by a bank upon graduation, you will earn lots of money in the future.

Yes, money is tempting. Yes, we need money to survive. But life is not all about money. Money cannot generate the warmth that you need that love can.

Luke 12:15
Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

I want my life to be fulfilling...and I don't think money can do it. Memories, love, family, friends, anything can fill it but not money. Please! But that doesn't mean I'm not considering SAM.

Merry christmas, to those who INSIST that they be wished upon visiting this blog. Yes, that means YOU.
1 John 4:9-10
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

No comments: