Monday, August 20, 2007

"you know you know you know"

Today I ate peanut butter on bread and some apple juice for breakfast. For lunch it was nasi lemak mata kerbau (bull's eye, nyum) and milo ais. I just ate a strawberry and a piece of durian for tea and sipped some apple juice. I like apple juice.


picture from email

We make many choices in our daily lives (duh). Some choices are excellent ones (like the one in which I chose to go to KLCC with Iona during the exam week), and some are absolutely rubbish kind of choices (like the choice you made when you made that purchase of the awful orange colored, pink polka dotted socks. Not that I mind, you can give them to me).

However we make our choices determine what we do in our lives. I chose to make this post, and I chose to publish it. Did you choose to read the whole thing?

As small as a choice we make can be, it brings about a big difference. It's your choice to get straight As, and it is also your choice to gossip about people.

It's your choice to be emo all the time, and it's your choice to give in to your temptations. No one will force you to do otherwise, but bear in mind they have every right to criticise your choice. It's their choice, after all. But gossiping is a horrendous activity, in my personal opinion.

It is also your choice to determine what kind of person you are. If you think you're God's child, you are. If you think you're a lala girl, by all means, stay away from me.

Now that you know who you are, you should embrace it. But that doesn't give you the right to go around recklessly, not to mention aimlessly making stupid choices. As insan yang dicipta Tuhan, we are blessed with a sense called common. Use it.

I really really dislike Ashlee Simpson's Pieces of Me. It's so annoying! I don't get how it was a hit! And the lyrics do not make sense.

Listen to Dig by Incubus instead. It's lyrics are better than that of Pieces of Me. Did you know that for the MV of Dig, Incubus had a competition to see who could make the best MV?

The one chosen was of a pair of animated boy and girl. Disturbing but strangely emo-esque. At the end of the MV, the girl literally digs a huge head of the boy using a big cangkul and discovers the boy in the head. If you want to see it, it's this one:(and I personally recommend that weirdcitygurl watch it-cos it reminded me of her)


Apparently there was also another chosen MV which was directed by a pro (Ramon Boutviseth). I saw this one and it was all kissing, kissing, kissing. My goodness! Don't teenagers like anything else other than kissing? I mean, it was all kissing from the start till the end. This MV was totally terpesong from the tema of the lagu and I seriously loath it, although it has a certain air to it.

My favourite MV of Dig is directed by this guy from http://fcrabbath.com. Although the editing was lousy and there weren't much isi to it, all the same it was entertaining.


This one was made just for fun by some other person. It's artsy and imaginative. This one uses Dig as a background for a story about the journey of a dancer and I recommend it to artsy people.


Thank you for reading! Drop a line as a comment on this post, if you must.

John 15:16,17-You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.

4 comments:

Iona Tan said...

LOL. I watched the vid with incubus very cute but very creepy. when she started digging off his head, i was like "OMG! she's killing him!"

gwen. said...

good to have another Incubus fan on the boat :)
all aboardddd.

caffe_latte said...

Nice clip!

aisha said...

idnite: ahahaha. Note the hearts!
gwen: i don't really dig incubus, but i dig dig. they sound good, though.
caffe: lol