Thursday, August 23, 2007

"living in perfect symmetry"

Akon was here on the 19th, and Gwen's was on 21st. I was expecting Akon to make an appearance at her concert.
I'm talking about Gwen Stefani's concert, and how SO MANY friggin teenagers wanted to go.

from yahoo
They were complaining about how they couldn't get the tickets lah, blah blah blah....you know, the usual stuff.

The thing that I don't get is their unrealisation that it's much more worth it to buy a singer's concert DVD than to buy their concert ticket. Granted, I've never been to a concert and was utterly devastated when I couldn't attend Linkin Park's in 2003 and Coldplay's in 2006, but yo, I'm speaking from terms of my view-lah.

Case in point: We have this Madonna Confessions Tour DVD. When the whole family watched it, we thought, wow, that was better than being at the concert. Yes, we did NOT watch it on a big-arse screen TV with surround sound in a blackened room (why the heck for?) but that's the point.

The DVD took us behind the scenes, had all the extra footages and all those flashy, shiny things on stage were maginified for our benefit. I tell you, it was better than being at the concert. At the concert, the most you can see of the singer is a blurred spot. In the DVD, you get to see Madonna's Swarvoski diamond-encrusted eyelashes. Fuyoh.

from yahoo

Some sound system in concert venues may be state-of-the-art but the screaming fan(girls) will do nothing but to ruin my mood, personally. DVD: Crystal-clear vocals, lovely bass sounds and harmonious melodies. I'm talking about Madonna, not PlanetShakers or Hillsongs.

Talking about PlanetShakers or Hillsongs, given the chance, I'd rather go to the conference/concert than buy the DVD. Which sane person wouldn't? Ok, don't answer that.

Anyway, that was just the opinion from a person who can see that lala-isme and Harajuku-isme has a very fine line in between them.

No comments: