Monday, June 11, 2007

Stick thin people are....bicycles.

Sensitive weight issues ahead. Don't read if you're not open minded.

Khadijah (http://ilostmymarbles-khadijah.blogspot.com) recently blogged about this person, Ning's entry (http://mizzwong.blogspot.com/2007/06/is-thin-really-in_05.html) on stick-thin girls who want to get thinner. I couldn't agree more with what the two ladies say.

I don't complain about my weight. I don't blog about my weight because not only is it unneccesary, it's calling for attention. That put aside, I'm very, VERY pleased with how I look.

(the following is adapted from Khadi)

Seriously, what need is there to complain about your weight if:
-You weigh less than 50 kg.
-You have a stick-thin (read: stick-thin, not hourglass) figure.
-You wear clothes in S or XS.
-Everyone compliments your figure.
-You've been a model (at least once) or have been called to model for products.

What is there to complain about? Do you want to weigh 20 kg like those under-nourished African children?

By telling yourself you look fat, do you hope that people will come up to you and say you look hot stick-thin and poufy-lipped? Hun, it's not working. That's just plain pathetic.

(and then K goes on to console the girls on how they SHOULD look without touching the superficial inner beauty stuff)

K put the facts down, and that's good. But instead of consoling the girls, what I'd like to do is to support them.

Yes, you are fat. You eat too much. You drink too much. Heck, you use too much toothpaste in the morning. You want to get thin? Go ahead. Don't eat solids. Don't drink beverages. And don't use toothpaste. Just treat yourself to the occasional glass of water. Wait, cut that. Don't even THINK about reaching for that glass of water. You're on a mission, girl! You want to lose weight, remember?
You want to lose weight fast, don't you? Good! Let's hit the gym. No better way to lose all that fat by working it off, eh? It's also a million times more productive than sitting in that air-conditioned room of yours blogging about how fat you are and how you need to go on a diet, waiting for some random stranger to agree with you.
Now that I've said what was on my mind, I feel SO MUCH better. I don't bear grudges against girls who want to lose weight. I SUPPORT the girls. I know they're on a mission to a size-0 for life. What a noble, self-sacrificing mission, isn't it? Girls who already look like skeletons on a mission to dissapear completely in thin air. Someone call the news crew.

XOXO

No comments: