Saturday, June 30, 2007

MGS canteen day 2007


Before I continue, I just want to say that I am a hypocrite. We are all hypocrites one way or another, so what the heck!

MGS canteen day was...predictable. I for one am not a supporter of IU/Canteen Days so I'm rather pessimistic about the whole thing.
70% of the people who attended the canteen day where either showing off their boyfriend/girlfriend to the miniscule crowd, pleading for attention in lala garbs and blue hair color, camwhoring like mad and/or pretending to know everyone at the event.
Well, there was this one attraction I saw by my sister's class-it cost RM 4 to go into a dark room to be groped by girls. Admission is only open to girls, though. SUSPICIOUS...! They call it the Magic Maze or the Haunted House or whatever but I thought it was a cheap thrill for weak-hearted girls. Some even came out CRYING earlier in the morning. How scary can being groped by girls be?

The foodstalls were attractive but the service by some where horrible. I went to this stall selling fruits in chocolate sauce for RM 1. I was standing in front of FOUR promoters, ok. The coupon was in my hand. I waited for 30 seconds. They STILL weren't looking at me! Goodness, someone teach them about customer service, please! I even WAVED the ----ing coupon in front of the promoter and she was definately somewhere else because she didn't respond to that. GOODNESS!
Then there was this stall run by Form 1 girls. I tell you, they are like.... "...". These are just the opinion of one person, mind you. The service was slow. The girls were just interested in something else. The cup of RM 2 float was less than half filled! I can go on and on but I have something else to complain about. Complain is a very underrated word here, ok?
I'm not saying all the stalls were horrible. My cousin and a few of my friends were running some of the stalls.

The next thing I'm going to complain about is regarding the Public Announcement person or the whatever you call it person lah. Sorry to say, listening to her voice was like having nails and sandpaper on my skin. The English is less than standard and her punctuation in sentences are so wrong. And to think that MGS has a fantastic debate team. They should have been in charge of the PA. The dedications were 99% love and 1% corny. Or vice versa. Whateverlah! There was this dedication that goes like this:
"To all the Convent girls, from the La Salle boys, you chicks are hot! Muacks muacks! Tomorrow's Convent canteen day will be much better than todays'. See you there!"

I don't know who is the stupid one here. The "La Salle" boys giving free publicity to Convent in MGS (can you say catfight?) or the Public Announcement person for actually airing the message that one way or another degrades MGS.

There was also news about counterfeit coupons being used to buy stuff. Like, wow. Who on earth would be so desperate to actually print out fake coupons to use at a fund-raising canteen day? Talk about desperation! I smell sabotage here...

Anyway, those are just my ramblings on the canteen day. I'm unsatisfied and that's that. Goodnight!

XOXO

No comments: