Monday, November 7, 2011

a list of fives

teacher pen's photos. with Pastor Henry!


I just finished a phase/season of my life. Did not have the time to summarize and close that chapter properly and another phase trots along in its full glory. Oh gory? Maybe.


If there was a pause button, this is where I hit it till it comes out of its place. PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE! Let me summarize what I learnt in the past five months. Let me go back and say what I have to say. Let me thank God for His presence and His watching over my life thus far.


yin xian's album. at cher's maxi-themed 21st



(I don't share this with people but) I've been very stubborn, hard headed and anxious these past few months and I think it has a lot to do with my control freakness. I believe in Jesus, therefore, I'm human. It's so disheartening when things don't go my way. And it's stupid to hold on to it. But God has been so kind to teach me and show me where I've gone wrong - I believe he's bringing me back to basics, Prov 3:5,6, that kinda thing, you know. It's jaw dropping when I think of it - the creator of the universe, stooping down to show me where I've gone wrong, and actually loving me in spite of it!





image from Penny. Logos trip with the youth



It's all wishful thinking lah. Just wasting my time right, if I sit here and *WISH* for that pause button to appear?


Five things I learnt in the past months:

1. Nothing I can do will make God love me more or less.
2. God blesses everyone - the righteous and unrighteous.
3. If you work for the sole purpose of earning money, what a sad life awaits you.
4. People who love what they do are successful at it.
5. Honesty is the best policy. Always.




Five things I want to see in the months ahead:

1. More of God.
2. Trust in the almighty creator of the universe for every detail of my life.
3. The SPM-ers prepared for their exams, knowing full well it dictates a little part of their life, but not their whole life in Christ.
4. More passion/enthusiasm/zest that inspires and motivates.
5. A whale!

No comments: