Monday, October 17, 2011

Retribution

Why do I hold on to the past or glance back at it ever so often?

Is it because it gives me a sense of familiarity that I am used to?

Or is it because (and I'm more certain of this than the former) that I crave to feel like a drama, a climax in the plot has occurred and I look forward to sweet revenge/retribution?

But Aisha, that's so shallow! Why are you thinking like that?

I don't know, man. This sort of thing can keep me awake at night. It's so superficial (not to mention detrimental to one's health) to hold on to the past when I should let bygones be bygones.

Heck, if I crave drama and all that jazz, I should just go watch an episode of gray's anatomy, right?

Besides, Jesus said we should forgive. It's the forgetting part that takes a little bit more effort.

No comments: