Wednesday, February 23, 2011

M

Meet my friend, Mary. She likes to call for help through Facebook status updates. Sometimes nobody hears her. I hope she won't use FB as a platform for life or death situations, because not everyone's going to be on it 24/7 waiting for her life updates.



Mary, I think you need to read more of the Bible. Now, before you point that finger at me and say stuff I don't need to hear, I haven't been reading as often, either. That's why I think you should read it. Lately, my days without it are sucky, to say the least. So yes, Mary, DO read the bible and know that the world doesn't revolve around you. The world doesn't revolve around me, either. So let's just grow up and mature a little bit as we age. We have potential to be wise and civic minded and not so emotionally volatile. Sometimes I think it is the company you hang out with, Mary, that makes you overly sensitive to things. Are you listening, Mary?




"Let your compassion quickly meet our needs,
for we are on the brink of despair.

Help us, O God of our salvation!
Help us for the glory of your name.
Save us and forgive our sins
for the honor of your name."

Psalm 79:8,9


*I don't have any friends named Mary. But Marys exist. If you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Iona Tan said...

Strange, how I just heard of the news about a girl taking her life after many disturbing status updates right before i read this post o_o

http://www.dailychilli.com/news/9534-girl-plunges-to-death-in-school-suicide-horror

Facebook's not fun-ny anymore =/