Monday, November 22, 2010

double bill



Yes, yes I must sleep soon! Just wanted to blog about an outing last Saturday.

Teacher Pen, Kim, Su Mei, Bawanie and me
Federation of Ballet, PJ
Daniel Jaber's Double Bill









Double Bill here is a term used when a choreographer produces two different, independent performances. The first one of the evening, WG-Spiel (a German term) ran for 50 minutes. It was about the chemistry and attachment of three different housemates, and started off with a bang! ie techno music as soundtrack to a tight (choreographed) fighting scene. On a whole, I enjoyed WG-Spiel very much. Perhaps due to the music, too-by one DJ Trip/Clark/Ellen Alien. Besides that, the storyline was easy to see and they were doing pretty much regular everyday stuff. I don't get the symbolism of the white crates, though.



Poetic Structure, man, I do NOT get it at all. I saw the emotive faces evolving with the hands, the "ha ha ha" but other than that, no, what was the neon lights for? A house shape, that was all I saw. The dancers (all local) were good.


Interesting night out! Also got to spot (with the help of Tcher Pen, of course) a few dance people :D

1 comment:

Janna B said...

Aisha! My dear friend! Haha, how are you? Glad to see you've been so faithfully blogging... Lol. Well I haven't been the past year. But now its holidays, so I've been posting again and revamping my blog!

By the way, I am so gonna' copy your line (a few posts back) into my FB status and say, I agree with Aisha Tan! :P

"But really...waking up to log in to Facebook, logging off Facebook to sleep? Is that what we're being boiled down to? It is scary."

Hahaha,
Love janielle =)