Wednesday, October 13, 2010

the magician's nephew




Whenever we read something, we are feeding ideas, concepts and even lifestyles to our mind. And you know our mind is one of the most fertile grounds for ideas to grow (LOL not an Inception quote).


The latest book I've read is The Magician's Nephew by C.S.Lewis. It's the beginning of Narnia as we know it. The few parts that stood out for me are the creation of Narnia (how the animals came about!) and the tree in the middle of the mountain with the shining apples. Vivid descriptions. You can almost feel the earth bursting with life and splendor!


Yes, it is a kid's book. It's easy reading for me lah. (The only books I read when I was young was abridged versions of Sleeping Beauty and Snow White.) And I love the evil vs. good analogies.




When the Witch stole and ate one of the apples, Aslan replied one of my favorite quotes:

"Child," he replied, "that is why all the rest are now a horror to her. That is what happens to those who pluck and eat fruits at the wrong time and in the wrong way. The fruit is good, but they loathe it forever."


The analogy can be applied to sex and money as well. Ask me to explain to you in real life, it's too complicated to explain online!


Okay, now I have to rush off for din-din and more media kit stuff!


*images were Googled

1 comment:

Jue. said...

good post and truthful quote!