Wednesday, July 7, 2010

freedom thoughts



"I support Germany!"
"Nope, I think Spain will win."
"Who are you supporting?"
"The winning team."

LOL little sister

*



Because we always sing this song, I always take the lyrics at face value. Meaning, I don't try to understand what the words mean, and I just say it for the sake of singing it. But when I saw this verse at someone's blog, I was MIND-BLOWN.

You know, when you take the music away, take the people away and all that.



And when the earth fades
Falls from my eyes
And You stand before me
I know You love me





*

I'm gonna be visiting the Parliament next Wednesday for Malaysian Studies. My lecturer is a really dedicated man. REALLY. Really.

*

There is an event on FB that I got invited to. It's called "Exalting Jesus". On that day, everyone who 'attends' will put their status updates simply saying "Jesus Christ!". Marvellous idea, but I didn't respond because hey, you don't only exalt Jesus on Easter, Christmas and Exalting Jesus day. You do it EVERYDAY! Likewise you don't 'become' a Christian around your Christian friends on Sundays. You got to do it everyday. That's what a living relationship with God is. Man, that's the life.

*

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."

Jn 8:32-37


True freedom is not being bound by regulations, conditions, and man-made precepts. PTL for true freedom :)




No comments: