Tuesday, June 1, 2010

save, lose; lose, find




This scripture speaks to life very well. You try to hold on to your life and what you make of it, and you're sure to lose it when you're gone. Dust to dust, right?


But get this! You give over your life to Jesus, and you will find it! Yes, it does sound a bit off, but that's what you get, man. It took God opening my heart to make me understand what this line means: "...whoever loses his life for me (Jesus) will find it."


What this line means is literally giving up your desires, your passion, your love and your all to Jesus. Seriously? Yeah, seriously. Give it up to Him, and He will show you what life is all about. I've seen this happen in somebody some time ago. That fella's life truly changed all because he gave his everything to Jesus, and He showed him how to truly live.



Dear Lord Jesus, I surrender everything I have to You. Please take my life and teach me how to truly live. Teach me to live fully and wholeheartedly, so that I may gain purpose and meaning in my life. And help me to show others the way to a full life too. In Your precious name I pray, amen!

2 comments:

Timothy Chen said...

Checked out the website and I thought it has some really cool pictures too!

Timothy Chen said...

Amen! It's by fully submitting our lives to Jesus, letting Him take over, and basking in His love for us so that we may truly find the purpose that He has for each and everyone of us ;)