Friday, June 4, 2010

friday, june 04

You can say what you mean
But it won’t change a thing





I really hate debate*. The term. The connotations with the term. The definition. The culture of debating. It's so territory-bound.

And the people, oh, the people get SO defensive once you voice out your opinions. Okay, Mr. Defensive, I'm just telling my side of the story. And when you want to attack their baseless facts.


Sometimes I choose to sit down quietly when a matter is passed over a table, for the group to taste it, analyse it and regurgitate what they know about it. And I listen to what they say about it. Some are textbook facts, others are pop-culture driven, "i'm saying this cos my idol says it" kinda thing. None choose to speak the truth.

It's a scary fact that they don't know. It's a scarier fact that they DON'T WANT to know. The cause of their misery, the cause of their false happiness.





*debate here refers to the non-commital act of voicing out one's opinion which is against that of another party, not necessarily in a regulated environment.

No comments: