Wednesday, April 21, 2010

thoughts & eulogies




Happythings@tumblr serves Nuffnang? That means the blogger must be Asian/Pan-Asian!



Sis Kim at cell one day mentioned that we should probably start writing the frame of our eulogies. (An eulogy is a speech someone would say about the deceased at a funeral)

(It may be morbid to you, unless and until you accept the fact that we all are going to die someday.)

The whole purpose of writing your own eulogy is to find out where you want to be, and what kind of a person you would want to be remembered as when you're gone.


So, what would I like people to say about me when I'm gone? Gosh, so many things. I want the world to cry. "There goes an angel," someone whispers.
"She was true to the people around her, true to herself, and most of all, true to God." someone else chips in while holding back a sob.
Man, so cheesy! I cannot believe people would say that, 'cos I am so far from that!


Crafting your own eulogy in your mind is probably a better motivation than crappy self-help books.


Another thing I wanna talk about-self-help. Have you seen the books they put on self-help bookshelves lately? All that stuff that says "You can make it on your own!" "I'll have it my way!" "It's my way or the high way!" does no good but to inflate the ego of man and make him believe that he can fly when he can't even bring himself to crawl.

It took me sometime to wrap my mind around the idea that I can't even make the smallest move without the help of God (Hey, I'm still trying to figure it out). He, the Creator of all things seen and unseen.



Freedom, justice, love, peace - the hippies didn't propagate that, Jesus did, long before they got that idea.


No comments: