Saturday, April 17, 2010

mow-nash

Advice no. 16: Always appreciate the simple things. Or you might find yourself complaining about everything.

Today, I tagged along with JQ to Monash's Extreme Sports Carnival after prayer meeting. It was my first time at Monash Uni. (Yeah, I am a bit jakun-I've only been to HICT, HELP, The One Academy and Taylor's) I like the architecture of the place very much. If I could rank it, Monash would be no. 1 on the private uni-college best architecture list. Really! It's bright and modern, clean, and the ammeneties are not cluttered together. Plus, it doesn't smell old and isn't underground and doesn't occupy the 5th floor of a shopping complex.


The event itself was 0_0 I hate to compare, but any college event in my college cannot be at that scale and magnitude. Seriously. It *must* be the people. And the fact that those kids get sponsorship like *that* easy. They had Nadia from Fly FM as the emcee lah.


And the performances. Oh Bus Company, how have you grown since I first saw you. They were class-act. Superb. And their official photographer was there, too!


What sports did they have? No boring futsal, badminton or congkak, no siree. Extreme means EXTREME. There was a batting cage, dodgeball (like really expert), rock/wall climbing, paintballing and ZORBING!
What's zorbing, you ask?


macam hamster
img from abkevents



The bazaar! Ooh, *shopping*! There were shift dresses, corset belts, but mostly pre-loved stuff. While JQ was busy networking, I was momentarily dazed, because I haven't seen a price tag in AGES. Really. Unless you count the price stickers at Tesco price tags. (But then again, I've not eaten a proper McDonalds meal since February)


PTL for a great day out!
For fun fellowship,
for modern and simple architecture,
for bazaars,
for good music and
PTL for a simple phone call =D

1 comment:

JQLeeJQ said...

haha, I shal bring u too Taylor's Lakeside. I better get the fine dining voucher asap.