Tuesday, August 18, 2009

if the moon can linger on a day so bright, why can't the sun do the same at night?

Been to the movies four times in two weeks.

Wednesday was Taking of Pelham 123 with Iona and Mathew
Thursday was District 9 with mum
Monday was Talentime with Marcus
Tuesday was The Proposal with Daryl and Iona

1. Pelham was alright. Action packed stuff. The most kanciong movie I've seen, probably. What happened to Denzel? And I didn't recognise it was Travolta till the end of the movie.

2.
District 9 review here

3. Talentime is probably the best of the four movies I've seen. Nevermind that I've already seen it in Finas. It is laugh out loud and will still make you cry. The cinema only held Marc and I and four other people. (2 of which was Rachel's parents!)


4. The Proposal was akin to watching the marriage of a gay man and a transvestite. Seriously, do we need another formulaic rom com? My friends say yes, but I cannot differentiate 27 Dresses from The Proposal to Made of Honor. And the chemistry between Reynolds and Bullock was SORELY lacking, it was awkward and painful to watch.
I'm really a little fed up of being dragged to watch movies I don't want to watch and wasting my money and time with it. Like Ice Age 3. (Although i LOVE spending time with friends doing other stuff. Like tennis. *POP* and ice skating.)



Audrey Tautou stars in Coco avant Chanel (Coco before Chanel), a biographic documenting the rise of the Chanel empire. It was released in April this year and never made it to our shores.
This is one movie I won't mind being dragged to watch.





post title: Melur, Talentime.

No comments: