Monday, July 6, 2009

why i decided to be a preachy christian

Majesty, majesty
You grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed but alive in Your hands



Man, those lyrics were the least awkward part of the day long girls' conference I was attending. The most awkward had to come from all that clique-y church girls, the Bible reading and the fast paced christian songs.

Years later I look back on it and see that yeah, those were still pretty awkward. But the awesome part was feeling God through it all! And I wasn't a believer (christian) back then!

Wow, this Jesus must be something, to have talked to me at the conference, I thought. Months later I invited Jesus as my Lord and savior in my life.

Why did I decide to let Jesus be in control of my life, instead of Greek gods?

Because in Jesus, I find someone who once walked this very earth and understood suffering who loves me regardless of my past sins and imperfection. And He will not look down on me or ever leave me. It's the best feeling ever!

Before I became a christian, my life was driven by me. I was my god. And I was a lousy one. There was no long-term goal in my life. No drive and no vision, no support and no guidance. Also, like you, I loathed the preachy Christians who tried to convert me into the religion like some direct selling thing.

Sometimes, to find God or for Him to find us, we have to admit we are broken and have to realise that we are imperfect. Jesus said he did not come for the healthy, but for the sick.

I'm not perfect. I still sin.
But I have meaning and purpose in life, and I thank God that He gave me that meaning so early on in my life. It is the best gift that I've ever gotten.

God is the reason I get up in the morning.



Majesty, majesty
Forever I am changed by Your love
In the beauty of Your majesty




James 4:8
Come near to God and he will come near to you.

1 comment:

Zlwin Chew said...

So inspiring... Love it Sha. Thank you.