Monday, May 25, 2009

o my beloved





The music in Talentime was what made the movie unique. Among the songs were Angel, I Go (Pergi), Just a Boy and that Chinese song that Kahoe played on the Erhu.

There's a song that really tugged at everyone's heartstrings-O Re Piya (O My Beloved) by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. The title itself brings about an image of some sad Bollywood romance. But listen to the song, and FUH-it's more melancholic than you'll ever imagine.

You think Jai Ho is meaningful, listen to this:


"If you ask me to leave her, I will do it for you. But teach me how to forget her. Because my heart does not know how to and it can never do..”
-Mahesh


Just imagine those very lines in sign language, signed in the rain on his knees in front of his mother, to explain how much he loves Melur, with O Re Piya as the soundtrack.
ish, geram. that scene is so addictive to watch. gotto buy the cd soon.

For a playlist of Talentime music, click
here or look for user itikganas (LOL) on YouTube.

1 comment:

caffe_latte said...

I was addicted to 'I Go' for a while. At one point my friend and I would sing while walking to the train station.
Talentime is awesome.