Friday, February 13, 2009

valentines is unwarranted fuss

1. Sooow there i was again in the room, holding the phone, chattering to the hosts of 8TV Quickie nervously. I won the prizes! It's the second or third time winning stuff from them. This time it was embarassing (i wont tell why) but the prizes are great, cos my mum was eyeing one of it (i wont tell what).

Glory to God! This could not have happened without Him.


2. Iona, because you didn't bring your pendrive, I'm posting pictures of you here and on Facebook.


This is an excellent photo to promote Valentine's Day.


3. Valentine's day is a time for unscrupulous (?) vendors to mark-up the price of roses, chocolate and champagne (well, mostly roses) outrageously.
Blessed is he who buys the flowers after valentines.


4. Last year, I celebrated Valentines being criticised by diners and patrons of the cafe I worked in. Emo-nyer...

So, there were 2 floor staff, two supervisors, one of whom was doubling up as barista, and a couple of kitchen staff.
That night, the couples came in droves to the cafe. It was horrendous! It was like, because TGI and Italiannies aren't accesible, they had to settle for the next best, Dome. Riiight...
Customers were downright inconsiderate that night. Families, I think, were the worst. The dad would be all mad for the food not coming on time and start demanding for the manager, etc etc.
Single people are the next. They have all that angst from being single on 14th of Feb, and spending it in a restaurant full of couples, they start taking it out on me. "Your service very bad you know! Terrible!" declared a prim and proper (most likely single) lady with her four friends nodding in agreement. I was giving my 100% to everyone there-there must've been like 50 customers and two servers.

I broke a couple of cups that night. On the bright side...I didn't break my heart.

The experience was great, though. Priceless. Macam Mastercard advertisement.



3 comments:

Iona Tan said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT. *roars about crazy pricings*

I accidently flipped boyfriends phone to discover a message "Folevo rochea is best lor"
(some spelling like that but worst lah)

Which took me 3 mins to decipher. Then i was telling him that I preferred Belgian Chocolate and it was very sweet of him to think of chocolates at this time. And his face was like deflated because his surprise didnt work out.

*pinch bf's cheek*

caffe_latte said...

Omg. How do you guys keep on winning prizes?!
Do you just call? Sometimes when they pointedly say they don't have callers I just got voicemail.
Please please please share the secret of calling for prizes!

And yeah, the picture of Iona and her bf (right?) is beautiful.

aisha said...

iona: folevo rochea xD
awwwh. sho shweet! and you spoiled his plan!


caffe: prayer and hard work. just keep calling.
my sis and i usually use two phones to increase the probability of getting answered.
and, don't give up till you get an answer OR someone else gets on air.

don't bother the voicemail thing! just keep redialling xD