Wednesday, February 4, 2009

last christmas, i gave you my heart~



Last Sunday was free-so Gabby Sarah Jian Quin Joyce me went to bukit raja to watch Bride Wars! I thought it was going to be a funny and memorable chick flick, but it turned out to be soggy, slightly dissapointing and not funny at all.

One reason why I didn't like it is the whole issue that Bride Wars tries to sell-a very SHALLOW one-the idea that women are more interested and engrossed with the WEDDING than the MARRIAGE.

Even the only redeeming quote from the movie was used twice (and a good line is a good line when it is said only once), which meant its effectiveness wasn't well.

"You don't alter Vera to fit you, you alter ourself to fit Vera!"
-on Vera Wang wedding gowns


Although I have to agree with Jue Lyn, the soundtrack is not too shabby. It has happy songs like Colbie Caillat's Something Special.

Bride Wars reminded me of Four Christmases. That wasn't a good movie to watch. It was painful. And not at all Christmassy. And I didn't learn any lesson from watching that.


But both movies cannot beat P.S. I Love You in terms of cheesiness and quality. P.S. the movie does not do any form of justice to the beauty in the book. Though Gerard Butler was an eyeful, the whole movie was a wreck! Oh goodness. You can practically taste the staleness of the movie in your mouth.

Personally, I am dissapointed with PS the movie. I expected to cry BUCKET LOADS with my friends while watching the movie, since reading the book itself costed me a whole tissue box. The acting was sAAAAAD. Hilary Swank was terribly underutilised.
Maybe House Bunny would've been a better choice.

Or maybe I'm past the rom-com chick flick age.

*images were results of Google

1 comment:

Timothy Chen said...

LOL. The movies really so bad ah? Perhaps you can read the movie reviews on Yahoo Movies first so you don't have to waste money on movies which are not worth watching. That's what I always do. Haha. You can just ignore the critics' rating but usually a user rating of B- and below means that you should avoid watching the movie. LOL