Saturday, January 24, 2009

since when did life in technicolor had lyrics?

Another Coldplay video from Viva La Vida.



This MV is alright, I guess. Not mind-blowingly phenomenal, because with this album, one kind of expects the things to come with it to be different (think: Jay Z. Noes!) However, the chorus part bears a lot of resemblance to that of Lovers in Japan.

But I really didn't expect Life to have lyrics. The original song on the album has no lyrics, as I recall, emphasising the various instruments used in this wonderful song that sounds like a medley of sorts.

My favourite part is the end, when the girl got the drumsticks. SHO CUTE. Like how drummers throw them at the end of a gig.

3 comments:

bloody awful poetry said...

Yeah wei. Where did the lyrics come from??? I feel betrayed. Or something. Maybe it was from the EP thing. Prospekt's March. I think it has a much longer version of Life In Technicolour. But that would be cheating cause it's not from teh ACTUAL album, see?
Quite like the vid though. Tis sweet! Very different from the usual Coldplay fare. And the little blond kid in Harry Potter specs is too cute for words =D

Timothy Chen said...

Haha. The kids were like -_-'. This version of Life in Technicolor is included in the new Prospekt's March EP. Don't really know why they didn't include this version on VLV in the first place but I really love this song! Especially the intro on VLV which sounds abit like Techno.

aisha said...

BAP: yea! it must be from the EP. It is! I just saw it in Rock Corner the other day. "now my feet won't touch the ground" is the title.

ZW: HAHAHA i know right. very cute kids. maybe they decided to add it after they released vlv. lovers in japan sounds techno too.