Friday, January 16, 2009

"Since I knew you wanted a violet, I’m determined to be the best little violet I can be.”


A story is told of a king who went to his garden one morning, only to find everything withered and dying. He asked the oak tree that stood near the gate what the trouble was. The oak said it was tired of life and was determined to die because it was not tall and beautiful like the pine tree. The pine was troubled because it could not bear grapes like the grapevine. The grapevine was determined to throw its life away because it could not stand erect and produce fruits as large as peaches. The geranium was fretting because it was not tall and fragrant like the lilac...

Click here to read the whole post.

Reading the whole post makes me smile inside. =)



Others may do a greater work,
But you have your part to do;
And no one in all God’s family
Can do it as well as you.


Eventhough we make mistakes that are so incredibly stupid, we have to realise that we are made just the way we are by God for a purpose bigger than what we have in mind.

It's no use worrying how we can or cannot be like the person next to us, because we're not MADE to be like him or her. Instead, we should focus all of our energies on being what God wants us to be, and be the best of it.

Such a simple message but so easy to forget. Especially when all around us people are achieving better than us, reaching their goals faster than us.


I have learnt to be content whatever the circumstances.
-Philippians 4:11


1 comment:

Timothy Chen said...

Great post. Last time I used to think that way too (I still do sometimes). Thank you for reminding me how special I am in Jesus ;)