Monday, October 13, 2008

Instant. Fried. Noodles.

Food is a daily occurance in my life. I see it day in day out. It goes into my digestive system without fail everytime.

I eat more often, almost once in three hours even, during two occasions only: when it's the time of the month (you need to burn calories to compensate for all the shedded bl-I mean, uterine wall cells) and when it's the exam season. Sometimes I like to eat when I'm in love, too, but that doesn't happen too often. Oh, and I tend to overeat when I'm happy and ecstatic for no reason. Of course I eat when I'm sad and depressed, like most girls do. Phew! That's more than two occasions. LOL.

Food is such a comfort when you can't seem to do anything when a problem hits you straight in the face.

I just got off the phone for the first time in two hours. My ears are numb. My friend told me a whole host of things I WISHED i didn't hear, but uh, apparently there's this unwritten rule among girls that you're supposed to tell your girlfriends the important stuff that happen to you when they're not with you, regardless of whether or not the listening party is wants to hear. I must've missed that memo. It strengthens the female bond or something like that, something that's biochemistry-related that I REALLY don't want to know.


(masak-masak.blogspot.com)

Anyway. Stomach called for a supper snack, so I cooked a Maggi Goreng. Seriously, this stuff is addictive! Try IndoMee's mee goreng first. That one beats Maggi hands down. It's a taste of what real instant fried noodles should taste like. Remember the brand, INDO MEE!!!

We were out of IndoMee and someone ter-brought Maggi, so yeah. Substitutes work anyway.



Don't order from mamak! They add in all those foreign substances that add more calories. (!) Cook a simple, naked one. Nyummier! (No picture of one like that, so the one above will do xD)

Mmm...food. Weight watching be darned!

Really, who cares about how much you weigh when that delectable national delicacy is spread out in front of you, soaked in delicious black sauce and tiny chilli flakes?

You know what, I'm linking up masak-masak. The pictures and reviews are drool worthy! I mean, look at this picture of roti jala from the SS8 Ramadan bazaar post!



Have you ever seen this kinda stuff before?!



So...anyone wanna go mamak now? =P

No comments: