Sunday, July 27, 2008

kim and gary

A/N: Stress is getting to me. I keep twitching and kan't seem to koncentrate on the books in front of me. See what i mean?
Pictures of food ahead!



Kim Gary is from Hong Kong, right? And the Mid Valley branch's food tastes better than Bukit Tinggi's, right? Entahlah...my mum, sis and I went to Aeon's to try it out, since we've heard so much about it being great, blah blah blah.

(You can see from the "blah blah blah" our first impression of Kim Gary's is not good)

Some of the food we sampled were...

Exhibit A


This is their beef in sauce in rice. The presentation of the egg is pretty, but the rawness of the egg white could put some people off.
Beef? What beef? There was no trace of beef, or any kind of meat for that matter, in the sauce. Dissapointment, this dish.

Moving on...

Exhibit B, View 1




We also had the fried chicken drumsticks, which turned out to be from aneroxic chickens (JK). The sauce was sizzling hot, and so was the meat. Tender, marinated and sizzling, this did not dissapoint us like the former.

Too bad I was too stuffed by now to enjoy this delicious dish.

It was also served with stems of broccoli, some tomato slices and corn kernels.

Exhibit B, View 2




I can't remember what drinks we had, but they were forgettable. Obviously.

The service was not up to par. Why on earth, then, did we pay 10% service tax?

So that the waiters and waitresses could get "Kim Gary Restaurant" weaved on the backs of their uniforms?
To pay for the costly construction of the outlet? (Look at the outside lah, like the Beijing Olympics Bird's Nest Stadium liddat, so don't tell me the construction didn't cost a bomb.)

To sum it up, I might go there for other food but no more sauce-flooded-rice for me, thanks. If I want curry soaked rice, mamak is the place.



i wish you all a great fantastic fabulously fierce week ahead. and do study so that i can siphon all your intelligences. thank yew.

No comments: