Saturday, February 16, 2008

Nenek Telefon

Did anyone watch the Grammys this year? It's actually known as the Grammaphone (?) awards but it sounds cuter as Grammy...lol.

Anyway. Last year's Grammy committee organized this contest called "My Grammy Moment" in which the best singer among three from thousands nationwide get to perform My Love with Justin Timberlake and T.I.

The catch is...the three finalists won't know who among them is the winner until seconds, literally, before the performance starts. Of course they already practiced beforehand lah. But the suspense is very very suspense.

So. This year's My Grammy Moment saw orchestra members competing against each other-one woman on violin, another on cello and a guy on violin. I know, talk about strange instruments.

Anyway. The winner was Maria, the girl on violin. Guess what the prize was? To perform the instrumentals of The Pretender with the Foo Fighters. Fuuh.

At first, The Pretender might sound annoying and loud-yeah, like a little hyperactive sibling, but after a while it gets addictive like chocolate.

What if I say I'm not like the others?
What if I say I'm not just another one of your plays?
You're the pretender
What if I say I will never surrender?


Haha but that's just me.

No comments: