Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Get Real!


He took two cards!

"Everyday I ask myself if I drove you away."
"But she's nuts and she doesn't deserve anything she has!"
"It's not what you think I may be thinking about,"
"How are you?"
"But honestly?"

"How are you?"
-That's just about the hardest question ever to answer. It's subjective...but everyone expects the answer to be objective. Like "Fine" or "Not fine". But there's a condition when answering "Not fine", which is you'd have to explain why it's not fine.

WHEN IT'S NOT FINE IT'S NOT FINE LAH. Hai yoh. Not fine is basically an answer that translates to "Nothing is quite as it seems but I wouldn't like to discuss it with you,".

Sometimes it may also mean "It's horrible and I need to share with someone, can you listen to me for a while while I rant?"

But I'm a girl, and we're allowed to be emotionally-controlled at times. Most of the times. Acting on emotions is the stupidest thing to ever happen, do you know that?! It's just stupid. Gah. It's totally impossible to decipher how we girls run: or even how we are made to think of ourselves.

Like, are we allowed to cry on a monthly basis or only when something bad happens? What if everything seems bad on that day, am I supposed to cry the whole day and leave it at that? What if I want more than to cry and mope around the house all day long? Can I not have another choice?

"Can I at least pretend to be strong and keep the tears for a more dramatic moment?"
-Oh, listen to yourself will you?


The Ice Queen beckons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I may answer "I'm fine, thank you" to people when they ask me that question but I'm mentally screaming "You don't actually want to and have the time to know how am I!"

My blood boils when I hear an ignoramus blaming emotional-display on PMS.

I don't know if there is such a thing as Crying Allowance though. Hmm.

Interesting post as always. IceQueen says hi =)